8.03.2011

cradle

we got a hand-me-down cradle from greg's aunt and uncle. it hasn't been used in probably 20 years. i asked greg if i could paint it and he said i could:) thank ya jesus.

so here is how it started.
[stella is concerned.]

junk all up in there.
over time, the "antique white" has antiqued itself.
sooo i camo'd it just for greg:)
kiiiiddding... he came home to that ^ then later came out while i was doing more and nicely asked "soooo what's your plan?" he was kiiiinda scared.

sloppily primed.
pink! with colored polka dots.
you see what i was doin now???
i think it looks cute.
then i "antiqued" it with a bit of sanding and brown glaze.
i just finished it today so i haven't heard greg's thoughts yet. i don't really know what mine are. i kinda wish i didn't sand and glaze.

some parts look a little chalky. perhaps if i put a clear coat on it. i like the way the stand turned out tho!:)
i'm gonna wait til greg gets home and hear his 2 cents before i do anything else...aye. i might spend another couple hours sanding those dumb dots off and repaint. 3.5 cans of pink!! it's krylon and i'm not a huuuge fan of krylon--rustoleum is so much better. greg did give me a little sprayer attachment thing that seems to only work with krylon but it makes painting easier!

2 comments:

  1. Dude that cradle is freakin cute! I can see what you mean by some parts look chalky but I think I like the antiqued one better than the non-antiqued one. I was concerned at first when I saw the camo...like I seriously stopped and had to rethink if u were having a boy or a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah, my ideas are a process...a backwards process. i think the whole thing is growing on me tho. thanks!:)

    ReplyDelete